Thursday, February 13, 2014

LESSONS FROM THE FIRE

THE BURN

Recently, instead of doing my work in the office, I have been doing my ministry work on my laptop, sitting by the fire, as it generally falls to me to “keep the fire going.” I pull my chair up close to enjoy its’ warmth, when I am not constantly feeding the fire’s insatiable appetite. I notice that the hotter that fire is, the quicker it consumes the new wood.

As I opened the doors to watch the majesty of its' burn, I saw that the burn was low. I placed 4 logs at right angles to the long slow smoker in the back. The two new logs in the center caught on fire. The two outside logs did not. I looked to see if there was adequate air-flow underneath the non-burners, and it was exactly the same as the other logs.

Then His Word came to me …. “Our God is a consuming fire.” Heb.12:29

 Consequently, I asked Him, “What feeds YOUR fire?"

He answered:

“It is my love for all of you…My passion and compassion for you, My highest creation; you that serve me with your whole hearts. When your fire for Me and My fire for you touch, we ignite into one flame. Then we burn together in an everlasting, and ever growing fire.  

If your fire for me (your love and passion) grows cool, you are exactly like the logs on the outsides of My Burn.”

I badly wanted those outside logs to burn as fully as the inside ones, yet because of their size they had to remain in their place. So I thought to stir the fire. I pushed the inside logs to touch the outside ones, so that their flame would spread. I wanted all to burn equally. 

God, I asked, “Who is your stirrer?”  He replied,

“The Holy Spirit stirs My fire.

It is the HELPER who arranges the logs in My fire.  (The new logs are new believers in Jesus Christ.)

“The WIND of the Holy Spirit fans your flame.

And it is you who's testimony I use to bring the logs to the fire."

I concluded that many new logs added from diligent evangelism could really promote His Burn.

As I continued to stare into the fire, I saw that it was the long-burning logs that were really needed to keep His fire HOT ! And the hotter they were, the faster the new logs would burn. I realized that the new wood could not really keep its flame AND promote new wood space. They needed “the process”. They needed hot old wood to help them along!

Next I noticed that there was one new log that did not touch the others. It only touched the smoker in the back. That was the loner-log of God. I saw that its flame was always diminishing.

I said, “God, I always thought that YOU were enough…..yet its flame diminishes.

God replied,

“Even with his best efforts, loner-log cannot keep his flame, without fellowship in the passion of others who burn with me.  

 Act 2:41-42 Then those who welcomed his message were baptized, and on that day alone about three thousand souls were added to the number of disciples. They continued steadily learning the teaching of the apostles, and joined in their fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayer.

“But God”, I said, “Certain types of wood burn quicker than others. What does that mean in Your Kingdom?”  

“Daughter, do you remember the parable of the sower and the seed?  In My Burn, the seed from the good soil represents those children of Mine, who have become one with me in  their burning passion. Those are the long -burning dense logs that produce the hottest flame and can be used to ignite the brightest (most passionate) fires. They will quickly ignite new wood.

Mark 4:8 Other seeds fell into the good soil, and as they grew up and increased, they yielded a crop and produced thirty, sixty, and a hundredfold.”And He was saying, “He who has ears to hear,  let him hear.”

I reached for the stirring stick, and adjusted the logs whose self-life and worldly-cares had been consumed in the flames. The logs were now charred and small, compared to their size when new.  I saw that the reduction of self and world (burned up in the pure fire of God), made places for many more new logs to join The Burn. Soon there would be only ash and the new wood they had helped to burn, to testify of their presence in Gods Fire.

I pledged myself to the inward Burn, and asked that many more new pieces of wood be given, to burn with me.

NEW WOOD, I cried.  

NEW WOOD

MORE  ..  ..  MORE

MORE NEW WOOD   

NEW  W O O D -   -      -

 God said,

“The cry for new wood ISMy insatiable pure fire.”

THE NEW WOOD INVITATION:

INDIVIDUAL:

Mat 11:28 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.

CORPORATE:

Rev.22:17The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

 THE NEW WOOD PURPOSE:

Rev. 5:6“You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals,
because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God
persons from every tribe and language and people and nation.You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

 THE ASHES OUTCOME:

Rev.19:9 9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” 

given to Jane Snyder 

Feb. 10th 2014

Melchizedek's Treasure,

16600 Saint Mary's Church Rd., Aquasco, MD, 20608

http://www.ActiveBlessing.com/donate

No comments:

Post a Comment